INTERMEDIATE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
– Electrical design including power distribution, lighting, life safety, communication, and security systems;
– Perform calculations to determine building electrical loads, voltage drop, and lighting levels;
– Use Autodesk Revit MEP and AutoCAD software to carry out design and produce construction drawings;
– Coordinate with other design disciplines;
– Create, maintain and edit specification documents;
– Conduct site visits and reviews for design and contract administration;
– Work within our mechanical and electrical team to deliver great service to our clients.
– Demonstrated ability to provide leadership within a team in a collaborative environment.
– Ability to apply critical thinking and reasoning to decision making process;
– Ability to effectively communicate and work as part of a team is essential;
– Minimum of 5 years of design and/or construction experience with electrical systems in buildings;
– An understanding of Canadian commercial construction methods and design processes;
– Desire to develop skills and expand career;
– Candidate must have extremely strong general computer skills and must be able to learn new programs quickly;
– Candidate must be self-motivated and be able to manage multiple priorities;
– Demonstrated experience with office software such as MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe, etc.);
– Registration or eligibility to register with APEGM as a P.Eng;
The following qualifications and skills would be considered an asset:
– Competence with AutoCAD for design and production.
– Experience with Autodesk Revit MEP;
– Experience with LEED® registered projects;
– Design experience at medium voltages.
– Field experience in the construction industry.