INTERMEDIATE MECHANICAL ENGINEER
- Assist in the design of mechanical systems for buildings including plumbing, fire protection, HVAC & controls, including detailed load calculations for all systems, system layout and coordination;
- Manage project throughout design and construction including site visits, review reports and communication with contractors;
- Work within our mechanical and electrical team to deliver great service to our client;
- Use Autodesk Revit MEP and other software to design mechanical systems and produce construction drawings;
- Energy modeling;
- Create, maintain and edit specification documents;
- Coordinate project information with clients and other design disciplines.
- Minimum 3 years mechanical consulting experience in the buildings sector.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership within a team in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and reasoning to decision making processes;
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- Design and/or construction supervision experience with mechanical systems in buildings;
- Experience or familiarity with Canadian commercial design and construction methods;
- Desire to develop skills and expand career;
- Candidate must have extremely strong general computer skills and must be able to learn new programs quickly;
- Candidate must be self-motivated and be able to manage multiple priorities;
- Demonstrated experience with office software such as MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe, etc.);
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university.
- Registration or eligibility to register with APEGM as a P.Eng or EIT;
The following qualifications and skills would be considered an asset:
- Experience with Autodesk Revit MEP;
- Experience with LEED® registered projects;
- Field experience in the construction industry.
- Experience with design and modeling software such as Carrier HAP, Trane Trace, Energy Plus