SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
- Project lead and responsibility for mechanical engineering consulting projects.
- Develop and maintain client contacts;
- Engineering design of mechanical systems for buildings including plumbing, fire protection, HVAC & controls, including detailed load calculations for all systems, system layout and coordination;
- Preparation and review of reports, budgets, analysis, proposals.
- Supervision of design, production and construction phase project team members.
- Work within our mechanical and electrical team to deliver great service to our client;
- Use Autodesk Revit MEP and other software to design mechanical systems and produce construction drawings;
- Attend meetings and coordinate design with other design disciplines;
- Create, maintain and edit specification documents;
- Conduct site visits and reviews for design and contract administration;
- Provide direction and mentoring to mechanical team members.
- Minimum 5 years mechanical consulting experience in the buildings sector, with consulting work experience as an engineer in Canada;
- Working experience as project team leader in a collaborative environment;
Ability to apply critical thinking and reasoning to decision making processes;
Excellent written and oral communication;
Design and/or construction supervision experience with mechanical systems in buildings;
Experience and thorough understanding of Canadian commercial construction methods, building codes, and design;
- Project management or field experience;
Desire to develop skills and expand career;
Candidate must have extremely strong general computer skills and must be able to learn new programs quickly;
Candidate must be self-motivated and be able to manage multiple priorities;
Demonstrated experience with office software such as MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe, etc.);
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university.
Currently registered as a P.Eng. in a Canadian jurisdiction and registered or eligible to register with APEGM as a P.Eng;
The following qualifications and skills would be considered an asset:
- Experience with Autodesk Revit MEP;
- Working competency with Carrier HAP, Trane Trace, or similar software for design and modeling.
- LEED® registration, or experience with LEED® registered projects;