Epp Siepman Engineering is actively looking to fill the following full-time position for Mechanical Engineer-in-Training.
We are a service-oriented Winnipeg firm providing mechanical, electrical, and sustainability engineering consulting for buildings. We offer a varied and challenging workload, and value a relaxed work culture in an open-office environment.
- B.Sc. in Engineering from a Canadian university or equivalent recognized program
- Registered, or eligible for registration in APEGM as an Engineer-in-Training or P.Eng.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire to develop skills and career
- Candidate must have extremely strong general computer skills and must be able to learn new programs quickly
- Candidate must be self-motivated and be able to manage multiple priorities
- Experience with office software such as MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Provide technical support and assistance to engineers and designers
- Evaluate building heating and cooling loads, size and select equipment, and conduct construction site reviews
- Design mechanical systems for buildings including HVAC, plumbing, and sprinkler systems
- Develop designs for mechanical systems using office design processes and software (eg. Revit), coordinate design with other disciplines
- Develop energy modeling simulations and prepare related reports for building energy and carbon impact analysis
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience or familiarity with Canadian commercial construction methods and design processes
- Familiarity with the National Energy Code for Buildings
- Experience in design and/or construction with HVAC and Controls systems in buildings
- Experience with Autodesk Revit MEP
- Experience with HVAC load and building energy modeling software (eg. IES, Carrier HAP, Trane Trace, Energy Plus)
Epp Siepman Engineering offers competitive compensation including a health spending account, insurance package (life, accident, long-term disability), and a deferred profit-sharing plan.